We continue to strengthen our position as the industry leader by partnering with the premier property management companies in North America. We strongly believe in our business model – with each operating leader retaining a long-term equity stake in their market – and the ability to share resources, expertise and best practices across the organization, set us apart and help us attract the top firms in the U.S. and Canada.
Each company that we invite to join our team shares our deep commitment to delivering the highest levels of service excellence. Like us, they conduct business with honesty and integrity, with a dedication to building relationships and continually seeking new and better ways to bring value to their communities and residents.
To be considered as a FirstService Residential partner, your company must meet several key criteria:
- Currently conduct business as a residential property management firm
- Have a strong and experienced management team prepared to remain with the business
- Earn predictable recurring revenues supported by contracts or contract-like characteristics
- Well-regarded in the industry and within your particular region or market
- Committed to providing highest level of customer service to clients
- Remain open-minded to new ideas and opportunities
Why You Should Partner With Us
We focus on four important attributes of partnership that have been at the core of the successful value creation for our teams, clients, residents and the company.
1) Alignment of Interests
Each of our major business leaders shares in the success of the business they manage on a day-to-day basis. Our partners participate financially in the long-term growth of the operation and remain responsible for frontline decision-making. While we value management continuity as a primary factor in our success, we remain flexible to the needs of operator/owners and their personal exit intentions.
2) Partnering with Proven Management
We operate in a decentralized manner, trusting day-to-day decisions to the people on the front line. We do this with confidence because each of our markets is operated by a proven management team.
3) Leveraging Knowledge and Relationships
We create value for our shareholders and partners by providing:
- Strategic leadership, advice and counsel
- Sourcing and execution of accretive acquisition opportunities
- Leveraging our scale, experience and infrastructure to create value
- Introducing cross selling opportunities to grow the business
- Sharing of best practices across platforms
4) Long-Term Capital
Unlike typical financial investors and private equity firms, FirstService does not have a fixed time investment horizon. We are a builder of businesses and are looking to buy and create value in our businesses over the long term. We continually invest in our businesses by providing growth or acquisition capital.
Partner Criteria & Contact
Our ideal partner is typically a successful privately-held company seeking one or more of the following:
- A strong partner with the strategic vision and financial capacity to help take the business to the next level
- The ability to monetize equity value for shareholders
- Support for a management buy-out
- Buy-out of non-active business partners
- An exit strategy for founders
- An exit strategy for a parent company
- An exit strategy for a portfolio investor
We acquire equity interests ranging from 60% to 100% in business of the following types:
- Condominiums & Co-operatives
- Active Adult & Lifestyle Communities
- Master-Planned Communities
- Single-Family Homeowner Associations
- Multi-Family and Rental Management
- Retirement Housing
- Student and Faculty Housing
- Military Housing
- Commercial Owner Associations
- Resorts and Vacation Properties
- Mixed Used Properties
If your property management company meets all the above criteria, we’d be interested in discussing the possibilities of your joining our industry-leading team. Please contact us today.
Strategy & Corporate Development
1140 Bay Street
Toronto, Ontario M5S 2B4
Get the Latest News and Resources
Receive valuable insights and informative resources for your community! Sign up below.